It’s been a while since I posted anything about what I’ve been eating (or planning to eat) so I figured I’d give you all and update!
It really has been quite the transition from basically being a homemaker to working not only nearly full time, but also an unpredictable and odd schedule. I’ll be honest, it’s sucked. Some nights I get home at 9pm or later. Some days I leave the house at 6am. It’s kind of all over the place and I’ve really struggled to figure out not only what to eat, but how and when to eat. Mix in trying to get back into some sort of fitness routine and well…like I said before, you parents are amazing. Multitaskers to the MAX and I am so impressed.
That said, I’ve been really trying hard to eat at least 4 times a day. Breakfast, a shake, lunch and dinner.
Breakfast has generally been a couple of scrambled eggs with a piece of toast. I’ve experimented with having loaded oatmeal but it just doesn’t hold me like eggs do. Oh, and coffee. I love my coffee. I don’t feel like a zombie without it, but I really just love the smell, taste and the ritual of coffee.
Lunch has been a bit harder since on most days, I start work at 2pm. Often I’ll sip on my smoothie for a couple hours, then go to my lunch around 4pm. Different types of ‘loaded’ salads have been great. Romaine, edamame, almonds and cabbage with carrot-ginger-miso dressing. Spinach with feta, cranberries, almonds and chickpeas with a balsamic or orange vinaigrette. Kale with black beans, tomatoes, baked yams, corn and bbq tofu with a homemade tofu ranch. They are filling and have really worked!
But. I’m getting bored. What do you do for lunch?
Dinners are the hardest thing. I’m so used to cooking at night. I love it. I love the time spent making nutritious food but getting home after 8pm just…doesn’t work. So I’ve had to really be better about meal planning and preparing recipes that my husband can help with so that I don’t turn into a hypoglycemia-monster when I get home at 8:30pm.
SO! Without further rambling – here is the plan for this week:
- Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai
- Cauliflower Alfredo (Oh. Em. Gee. This was delicious. Even better over quinoa and veg the next day!)
- Baked yams with black beans, salsa, green onions & Greek yogurt
- Ricotta & Spinach Shells (I’m using orichette because I have it)
- Quinoa Veggie Bowls with Baked Tofu & Miso Gravy (Miso Gravy from the Naam in Vancouver! Sent to us by lovely friends.)
- Stir Fried Asparagus, Chickpeas & Brown Rice with Lemon Tahini Sauce (This is a HUGE favorite in this house!)
- Roasted Cauliflower & Chickpeas with Lemon Dijon
What’s on your menu? Do you have any favorite fast-and-furious meals that you can toss together in an instant?